Farming First has launched a six-part online infographic called “The Story of Agriculture and the Green Economy”, which uses data from leading research organisations to tell the story of agriculture’s potential contribution to building a global green economy.
In 2009, G8 leaders made bold pledges to increase food security aid to $22bn by 2012. At this year’s meeting, the G8 should promote policy coherence on food security and price volatility issues in order to support the poorest without disrupting the market or discouraging farmers from receiving adequate prices. Funding should be coordinated, transparent and farmer-centred.
The 'Story' has 6 sections that provide important data and trends on agriculture and food security:
- How can we feed future generations?
- How can we reduce poverty around the world?
- Where do we invest to build a green economy?
- How can we build a more sustainable supply chain?
- How can we manage environmental sustainability with economic viability?
See the whole story, by visiting the full Farming First infographic here