Monday, April 2, 2012

Earth hour event in Kampala

By Kimbowa Richard

Over the weekend I attended Earth Hour 2012 - Dare the World to Save the Planet. Intended to switch off one's lights on Saturday 31 March at 8:30pm to be part of the world's largest voluntary action for the environment. It took place at the Sheraton - Kampala

Unfortunately I could not switch off the lights, as Uganda is still struggling with an energy deficit, so that any moment one has power matters and should be put to maximum use. In fact, where I stay power went of from Sunday morning up to Monday (today morning).

But at least I participated in the clean energy exhibition where I got good contact with solar energy promoters and efficient fuel wood cook stove dealers. See some of the photos from the exhibition from here: https://plus.google.com/photos/112862954192847090018/albums/5726697355317890529

I look forward to next year event and hopefully I will be able to switch of for an hour without any worry

No comments:

Post a Comment